Harmonization of business requirements with technical solutions, data modeling, service delivery process improvement
Summary of Qualifications:
Information resources consultant with a technical perspective that is sensitive to business strategies, systems service delivery & process re-engineering initiatives that achieve customer service. Facilitator and educator in technology and database design. Data modeller focused on solutions that are pragmatic, efficient, and measurably beneficial. Anchored the evolution and deployment of enterprise-wide models that are visionary, insightful and pragmatic. Collaborative member of technical teams which applied information engineering, object-oriented methodologies, rapid application development, networks, 2 & 3-tier client/server architectures, geo-spatial modelling, data warehousing and decision support tools. Served in each role of System Development Life Cycle.
Areas of Expertise:
· Model Driven Architectures and Relational Database Design
· Data Analysis and strategies for conversions, transformations, loading and web enabled designs
· Tools for data modeling, analysis and conversions
· Methodologies for managing the process and resources for custom system development life cycle
National University, Certified Adjunct Faculty, Mar08 to present, Distance Learning
· Courses on Enterprise Data Mgt, Object Oriented and Relational DB Design, Emerging Technologies, Project Management, Software Testing, Quality Assurance
Akimeka, Sr Analyst / Quality Assurance, June03 - Jul08
· Department of Defense, Joint Medical Assets Repository (JMAR) project, Quality Assurance, testing Web User Interface, verification of data integration, DW strategy and design.
Taylor-Made Systems, Database Architect, July00 ? June03
· Cuyamaca College, Instructor, CIS, MS Office suite, Access and Advanced oracle Databases
· Health Level Seven HL7 ? Publication database restructuring - Enhanced the MS Access tool for publishing proposed changes to the EDI standard for new releases of electronic data interchange between healthcare oriented databases of service providers, pharmacies, vendors, government groups and subscribers.
· U.S. Forest Service NRIS project, Database Architect ? data modeling, data migration strategy for an integrated Natural Resources Information System, data collection and co-existence planning
oracle Corporation, Senior Principal Consultant, Telecommunications, Data Warehouse Technologies, oracle Gov?t Services, Dept of Defense, Oct96 -Sept00
· Verizon, Database Architect/Designer - Re-Engineered oracle Financial 10.7 and 11i into a relational design in order to migrate year end data from a historical repository to an Operational Data Store as a staging area for a series of star schema data marts.
· U.S. Forest Service, Database Architect - data modeling, database design and data loading strategy for an integrated Natural Resources Information System, an online transaction processing database with a distributed architecture data collection and interfacing with GIS ArchInfo.
· Naval Aviation Depot, Data Modeler - repository management, metadata standards, data modeling for a series of Data Marts based on daily transaction activity into an Operational Data Store about labor and material obligations and expenditures, a data warehouse with a browser interface. Trained internal staff in oracle method, relational thinking and use of CASE tools. Reengineered the MRPII database.
· Department of Education ? data warehouse requirements study / affinity analysis for a strategy based on business queries, set the stage for a web enabled environment for distribution of information to institutions.
· Hughes Aircraft ? conceptual design / acceptance test criteria for a data mart for reporting measurements of cycle time for internal orders and supplier performance.
Taylor-Made Systems, Information Resources Consultant, Alberta, Washington, Jan88 - Oct96
· AMDAHL - Enterprise Data Warehouse Architecture
· Microsoft, ITG - MS Retail Software Licensing, functional specifications for mass distribution of licenses through Large Account Resellers and Business Process Modeling - leading to ISO 9000 certification.
· Alberta Labour - Alberta Boilers Safety Association - Business Modeling Database Re-engineering inspectors? reporting from ABADAS to Sybase
· Kellogg - Team Leader, North American Order Management Initiative Project
· Alberta Public Works Supplies & Services - Trainer, CASE Tools & Information Engineering Methodology and effective use of the development tools.
· Trans-Canada Inter-Provincial Pipeline - Facilitator - ?Modeling Techniques-Application Re-Engineering Workshop?
· University of Alberta - Instructor, MIS Certificate Program - ?Data Resource Management?
· University of Alberta Hospital - Information Engineer - Patient Care Process Improvement Team
· Alberta Department of Transportation & Utilities, Methodologist ? Bridge Engineering Branch & Contracts Engineering Branch
· Canadian Utilities Ltd, Information Engineering Methodologist ? Data modeler for an integrated national customer information system.
· Alberta Gov?t Telephone - Facilitator for Total Quality Process Improvement for system service delivery. Designed metadata repository. Modeled the Executive Information System for financial data, costing, charge-backs, job accounting.
Operating Systems: oracle, DB2, Sybase
Programming: SQL, Java, XML/XSLT, MS Access, legacy languages
Software: oracle financial applications
Other: OLAP tools, Designer, Erwin, UML, ETL, ISO9000, SEI/CMM, Information Engineering, HL7
· Capella University, PhD Information Technology Education, Sept 2013
· University of Phoenix - Master Business Administration in Technology Management GPA - July 2006
· Professional development & product training, data warehouse
· Pepperdine University - Psychology of Business, M.I.S., Business Research Methods
· University of California - Business Mgnt, Ergonomics, Psychology
· California State University ? Standard Teaching Credential
· Occidental College - Bachelor Arts Degree
Security Clearance: [achieved]
Professional Organizations: Project Management Institute, Health Level Seven (HL7)
Match keywords: oracle Financials, MS Access, .NET, PowerMart ETL, JAVA, Discoverer, Brio, Cognos, Business Objects, ERWin, ERSI ArcView GIS, oracle9i, oracle10g, SQL Server, XML, XMI, UML, Visio & Rational Rose, DFD, OLAP, OLTP