Dedicated, loyal, reliable Oracle Database Administrator with 27 years in IT Industry.
System & Database Administration | Programming & Analysis | Support & Maintenance
Dedicated, loyal, and reliable oracle Database and UNIX Administrator with demonstrated experience including more than 8 years in oracle Database Administration and 25 years in Informix programming
and administration. Earned recognition for proactively and independently cultivating programming proficiency. Trusted SME with experience leading in-depth system enhancement training for end users
Languages: Informix 4GL, Informix SQL, oracle SQL, oracle PL/SQL
Concepts: oracle 9i through 11gR2 database Administration, oracle Rman backups, Informix Dynamic server database Administration,
Application Builds, Disaster Recovery
Software: Informix Dynamic Server 9 & 10, Informix R4GL & ISQL, Informix On-Monitor,
oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, oracle Datapump, oracle exp/imp, oracle RMAN, oracle Flashback,
oracle Database Control, oracle Scheduler, oracle SQL Loader, Toad, MS Office Suite
Systems: MS Windows, Sun Unix, Aix Unix, AT&T Unix
Hardware: Various Sun Solaris Servers, Disk Arrays, Wireless Routers
PROFESSIONAL DBA EXPERIENCE
Idea Integration | Jacksonville, FL 2012 – 2014
Remote Contractor for Anheuser-Busch oracle Database team.
Worked as one of three DBAs that handled the day to day task for administration of over 350 databases in a 24/7 shop at different version levels from 8i to 11g.
Handled on call duties every 6th day for a 48 hour period.
* Installed, Upgraded and Decommissioned oracle Software and Databases.
* Managed database objects.
* Manage users, profiles and security of databases.
* Backup and Recovery of databases with RMAN.
* Monitor state and performance of databases taking corrective action where needed.
* Performed package upgrades from outside vendors on database.
FPIC Insurance Group, Inc. | Jacksonville, FL 1986 – 2012
Major provider of health care liability insurance, acquired by The Doctors Company in 2011
Database Administrator, 2004 – 2012
System Administrator, 2002 – 2004
Senior Programmer/Analyst, 1986 – 2002
Spearheaded and implemented internal databases as well as juggled multiple overlapping roles effectively. Executed disaster recovery for UNIX servers and oracle and Informix databases.
Handled daily DBA efforts and end user support, including resolving database bottlenecks efficiently. Led installation of server and oracle patches (using OPatch), oracle net configuration,
implementation of outsourced software builds, research to resolve code problems, index repair, compilation of ad hoc queries, and ownership of user accounts.
Select Notable Contributions:
* Developed major new database for OLTP Production System and Reporting Data Warehouse.
* Executed migration of oracle 9.2 databases on Sun Solaris to oracle 11.2 on Windows Server 2008R.
* Created back-up strategy for Disaster Recovery program, resulting in successful recovery 5 of 6 times.
* Delivered complete, company-wide migrations while maintaining legacy programming efforts.
* Guided major upgrade of 75% of system to new platform as system administrator.
* Implemented backup strategy using RMAN and testing to ensure databases could be recovered.
Informix Courses: Relational Database Design | Developing Applications Using Informix SQL
oracle Courses: oracle 11.2 Performance Tuning | oracle 11.2 Workshop I | Intro to oracle 9i SQL
oracle DB Administration I/II | oracle 9i DB Performance Tuning
oracle Enterprise Manager 9i | oracle 10g Features & Workshop II | oracle PL/SQL
Solaris Courses: Intermediate System Administration for Solaris 9 | Scripting for Administrators
Advanced System Administration for Solaris 9
B.S., Computer Science (Minor: Business Administration) | Jacksonville University | Jacksonville, FL