EDI and Oracle development for 6 years, PL/SQL, Forms and Reports
Sr. Software Engineer
Dedicated computer systems professional with specialties in EDI X12 HIPPAA transactions and database development seeking employment as developer. Developed many applications on IBM mainframes. Used oracle, EDI, and CASE software to design and maintained large-scale systems. Experienced in the financial, retail, telecom, banking, transportation, communications industries, as well as several government agencies. Personal qualities include being self-motivated, organized, dedicated, trustworthy, productive, dependable, flexible, and a team player.
* 15 plus years of experience as Analyst / Development / Support specializing in EDI X12 transactions and database development.
* Worked as Business Systems Analyst / Technical Support consultant in EDI / UNIX environment
* Most recently developed and deployed Mercator/Datastage EDI applications
* Expert in analyzing and researching errors relating to EDI files, using applications and utilities such as Unix and FTP
* Responsible for producing GAP analysis documentation for several EDI transactions.
* Knowledgeable of the following databases and operating systems: COBOL, DB2, IMS, UNIX/AIX, zOS, Toad, XML Spy, CICS, IMS DB/DC, IMS DB, TSO, JCL, SPUFI/QMF, MVS, Win2000.
* Worked directly with end users to facilitate adding new customers to current processes.
* Other skills include oracle database development, the formulation of test plans, test scripts, monitoring systems, as well as translating business specs into technical specs.
* Performed first level support duties for customers
* Troubleshooting and reporting deficiencies as required by the client?s IT department
* Experienced in project development, from design to implementation.
* Mercator 6.7 Designer Studio, Commerce Manager and Partner Manager
* EDI X12 Transactions: 850, 270/271, 810, 820, 834, 997
* Extensive EDI knowledge with a specific Title II HIPAA compliance skill set.
* Comprehension of oracle 8i/9i databases, PL/SQL, oracle Forms, and oracle Reports knowledge
* Took part in developing a system that detected more than 300,000 in fraud.
* Created oracle financial treasury extract and audit extract reports for clients.
State of Illinois/Central Management Services, Group Insurance ? Springfield, IL.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Apr 2003 - July 2005)
HIPAA / EDI Developer Analyst responsibilities: Mapping 270/271, 834, and 997 transactions. Set up and tested trade links with various health care providers. Environment: IBM 3090, RISC 6000, Mercator 6.7 Integration Suite, UNIX/AIX, DB2, IMS DB/DC, COBOL II, MVS/JCL, Z/OS
BizToDoStore.com Atlanta, GA Web Developer (Jan 2002 ? Oct 2002)
As a Web Developer for BizToDoStore.com, responsibilities included: Created and modified sites to present visitors with tools and resources those marketers can use to profit from on the net. Environment: Paintshop Pro 6, Windows 2000, HTML
DataScan Technologies ? Atlanta, GA, oracle Developer (Dec 2001 to Jan 2002)
oracle Developer for DataScan Technologies, responsibilities included:
Creation of more than fifty oracle financial treasury extract and audit extract reports for two key outside clients. Environment: COBOL, oracle 8i, IBM MVS
KB Sports Collectables - Peachtree City, GA, Sr Programmer Analyst (Jul 2000 to Nov 2000)
Programmer Analyst for KB Sports Collectables. Responsibilities included: modifying an existing operational web site for a small firm that buys, sells, and auctions various sports paraphernalia. Environment: oracle 8i, Windows NT
Accenture Consulting - Atlanta, GA, Sr. Programmer Analyst (Sep 2000 to Jun 2001)
Senior Programmer Analyst/Support Technician for BellSouth. Responsibilities included: Development of a new DB2 e-commerce electronic payment-processing system designed to handle bill payments from consumers, small and large businesses. Environment: COBOL II, CICS, DB2, File-AID, EDI, QMF.
Federated Systems Group - Atlanta, GA, Senior Programmer Analyst (Nov 1999 to Jun 2000)
Senior Programmer Analyst/Support Technician for Federated Systems Group. Analyzed several existing applications in order to streamline EDI vendor receipt processing. Environment: COBOL II, oracle 8i, CICS, DB2, EDI, JCL, TSO.
State of Georgia, Department of Revenue - Atlanta, GA, Developer (Feb 1998 to Sep 1999)
Developer and Support Technician for the Georgia Department Revenue. Supported all parts of an Income Tax Imaging. Environment: COBOL II, CICS, DB2, DB2/2, JCL, QMF/SPUFI, TSO, File-AID, oracle 8, PL/SQL.
SunTrust Bank - Atlanta, GA, Senior Programmer Analyst, (Aug 1997 to Feb 1998)
Senior Programmer Analyst for SunTrust Bank, responsibilities included:
Worked on a year 2000 high-level oversight project. Recommend Y2k software that the firm should purchase for Y2K modifications Environment: COBOL II, CICS, DB2.
Bank of America, Factoring. - Tucker, GA, Sr. Programmer Analyst (Apr 1997 to Aug 1997)
As a Senior Programmer Analyst for Bank of America, responsibilities included: Designed new EDI file layouts for on-line transactions as well as batch programs. Enhanced CICS screens to facilitate more efficient processing. Environment: COBOL II, DB2, Changeman, JCL, TSO, Platinum products, Control-M, EDI, CICS.
State of Ga. Admin. Svcs. - Atlanta, GA, Sr. Programmer Analyst (Mar 1994 to Mar 1997)
Senior Programmer Analyst for the State of Georgia. Duties included: maintenance of the accounting control, expense, and budget subsystems. Used a ADW lower CASE tool to develop screens and programs in CICS/COBOL. Environment: IBM 3090, DB2, ADW, JCL, TSO, platinum products, EDI.
Total System Services - Atlanta, GA, Senior Programmer Analyst (Oct 1992 to Feb 1994)
Programmer Analyst for Total System Services, responsibilities included: Developed credit card transactions for an IBM mainframe environment. Wrote program specifications for other developers. Environment: COBOL II, CICS, JCL, DB2, SPUFI, QMF, IMS DB/DC, IMS MFS, Intertest, Xpediter, Playback, Panvalet, TSO/ISPF. Assisted in installing PC software.
Johnson & Johnson?NJ, Senior Programmer Analyst (February 1992 to July 1992)
Met Life Insurance-NYC, Programmer Analyst (October 1983 ? March 1984)
Wakefern Foods-NJ, Programmer Analyst (March 1983 ? October 1983)
Merrill Lynch Commodities?NYC, Programmer Analyst(January 1981 ? February 1983)
* Computer Science major, New York Institute of Technology
* NYU Certificate in Computer Programming, Design and Analysis
* Mercator 6.7 Fundamental Integration Concepts and Tools
* oracle 8i Development
* CNE Novell Certified
oracle 8i Client Server & Intro to Java / Developer 2000
oracle SQL, oracle SQL*Plus / oracle PL/SQL, oracle Forms/Reports
CNE - Novell Network Engineer certified 1992
1. Rick O'Dom - Sr. Tech. Consultant: SunTrust, Atl., Ga. 404.827.6243 bus.
2. Denny Fields - Project Manager: BellSouth, Atl., Ga. 404.927.8837 bus.
3. Carl Saunders ? Sr. Mgr: Trading Gear, N.Y.C,N.Y. 917.553.8597 cell