Oracle Financials and CRM FUnctional Expert with Big 5 Consulting Experience
University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana
Masters of Accountancy concentrating in Management Information Systems-Aug.?87
Bachelors of Science in Computer Science and Mathematics-May ?85
COMPUTER / SYSTEM SKILLS
Operating Systems: MS Windows and NT, HP and Solaris Unix, OpenVMS
Networking Software: Novell Netware, Windows NT Server, TCP/IP
oracle Financials 11i: General Ledger, Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Fixed Assets, Cash Management
oracle Financials 11: General Ledger, Order Entry, Accounts Receivables, Accounts
Payables, Project Accounting, Cash Management
oracleFinancials10.7: Fixed Assets module, General Ledger module, Accounts
Receivable module, Accounts Payable module, Project Accounting module, Purchasing module, EDI Gateway module, Cash Management module, Alerts module
oracle CRM 11i: Core Contracts, Service Contracts, Field Service
oracle CRM 3i: Service, Contracts, Marketing, Sales, Sales Compensation, Field Sales Online, Telesales, and Web Customers
KPMG Consulting 12/99-11/2001
Role: Senior Manager (3/2001-12/2001)
As an oracle CRM and Financials Application integration consultant for KPMG Consulting, I provide functional and technical Customer Relationship Management and Financials ERP expertise to our clients. While providing project management skills as well as participating in all systems life-cycle activities, I oversee the efficient transition from vision creation to end-solution delivery. Through my consulting efforts I have provided clients with expertise in business process analysis and improvements, business strategy and analysis, and traditional ERP/CRM package solution rapid/full-life cycle implementation capabilities. Internally, I have been focused on various business development efforts for the Enterprise Solutions practice.
Contributed to the development of best practice methodologies for KPMG's R2I implementation methodology for oracle CRM modules.
? Assisted with the creation of prepackaged deliverables such as process flows, configuration documents, testing scripts.
? Assisted in testing and trouble shooting KPMG's pre-configured oracle CRM rapid implementation methodology system.
? Assisted with the upgrade process for internal CRM test instance.
My Project work included:
Motorola GTSS Division-Communications Equipment Manufacturer
Lead a team to design and implement a new Billing & Collections system using oracle Financials and third-party solutions for a fortune 100 Global Telecommunications company in four countries. This project was conducted using KPMG's R2I rapid implementation methodology.
· Helped create a re-designed global business model, incorporating industry best practices which significantly reduced their Order-To-Cash business cycle and improved their overall cash position.
· Setup cross-currency receivables processing functionality for a subset of their international subsidiaries.
· Streamlined their billing and collections processes by significantly reducing the number of manual steps as well as reduced the time between billing and collection activities.
· Extended the standard receivables functionality to use the Projects Accounting module to enable and control milestone/phased billing. This included developing a custom program to integrate data between the PA, OE and AR modules.
· Developed a global Sales/VAT tax design that covered all current country-specific tax rules and allowed for additional countries to be added in the future. This included VAT tax for France, UK, and China, and Sales tax in the US. Also provided in this work was a configuration/system design for incorporating the Vertex Quantum US Sales tax system.
As part of the overall financials team leadership, I was co-responsible for designing the new oracle system's multi-organizational, multi-currency structure which at the time covered operations in the Swindon-UK, Paris- France, Beijing-China, Tanjin-China, and Texas-U.S. The financial design included the implementation of Multiple Reporting Currency Sets Of Books for France (EUR and FRF), and China (USD and RMB).
During phase one, we conducted a project which identified requirements for a new global Service and Service Contract/Warranty system.
· Gathered requirements for a global repair services and warranty/service contract sales and maintenance.
· Developed a process model for service operations and warranty
· Helped evaluate oracle Service and Contracts vs. other vendor products.
· Built a prototype depot service operation and warranty/contract system.
· Helped to integrate their current legacy service/warranty systems to a new ERP back office Order-To-Cash system.
Silicon Graphics Incorporated-Computer Equipment Manufacturer
Provided oracle Financials module training and support for for operations in Germany, Switzerland, UK, Denmark, and Sweden. This project was implemented using KPMG's R2I rapid implementation methodology.
· Trained end users on AR, AP, and GL.
· Provided support for their newly designed system which included a Mufti-Organizational structure covering over ten countries and Sets of Books, Multiple Reporting Currency functionality, multi-country tax structures, cross currency processing, custom invoice and check documents, and other functionality.
On-Semi (originally a division of Motorola Semiconductors)-Semi-Conductor Manufacturer
Provided assistance in the design of a new oracle Global Financials model and Payables system. This project was conducted using KPMG's R2I rapid implementation methodology.
· The system design covered over 20 countries/sets of books/currencies.
· This included MRC support of a common currency (USD) and a consolidation Set of Books (USD).
· The financials design covered GL, AP, Purchasing, and FA.
Tellium, Inc.-Optical Switch/Network Systems Manufacturer.
Took over as the financials lead in the final phase of this oracle ERP project. This project was conducted using KPMG's R2I rapid implementation methodology.
· Confirmed/adjusted the business process and system configuration design for the AR, GL, AP, and FA modules.
· Provided end-user training on the new system.
· Provided system support for all the financial related system operations.
· Provided month-end processing/financials closing support and training.
· Initiated design of a new Cash Management system.
Deloitte & Touche Consulting 4/97 - 12/99
Role: Manager, EAS Practice -(8/98-12/99)
Senior Consultant, EAS Practice -(4/97-8/98)
As an ERP consultant for Deloitte & Touche Consulting, I was responsible for leading the implementation efforts of multiple oracle Financials modules installations. While working on full life-cycle, multi-module, oracle Applications projects, my responsibilities have included: managing multi-member financials teams; providing oracle specific functional expertise for GL, AR, AP, EDI Gateway, Cash Management, Projects, Alerts, Marketing, Sales, Sales Compensation, Field Sales Online, Web Customers and Telesales modules; supplying technical expertise for application interfaces, conversions and modifications; re-engineering of financial and related business processes; overseeing the development and maintenance of workplans and other project deliverables.
My work covered full life-cycle system implementations using Deloitte?s oracle FastTrack Implementation methodology and oracle's AIM methodology. I developed expertise in all project life-cycle activities such as: ?as-is? analysis, ?to-be? design, prototyping, configuration, testing, data conversion, training, documentation creation, and support.
My Project work included:
Managed a project team to successfully implement internally oracle's CRM suite and integrate the suite to a core ERP back-office system. Helped develop an oracle CRM delivery tool kit, and marketing/positioning materials. This project was conducted using Deloitte's Fast Track implementation methodology. This was one of the first implementations of the full suite of oracle's CRM application modules.
· Developed project plans, testing plans,go-live/roll-out plans, and support plans for an implementation of oracle's CRM suite which included Order Management, Marketing, Sales, Sales Compensation, Contracts, Service, Web Customers, Field Sales Online as well as integration to GL, AP, and AR modules.
· Provided a Sales and Marketing plan for the future oracle CRM consulting practice.
· Provided feedback and support to oracle Development for the reliability of the oracle CRM suite.
Detroit Automotive Manufacturing Company
Conducted a Risk/Audit of another on-going oracle Financials implementation.
· Made recommendations on configuration adjustments to the proposed oracle system design.
· Presented an analysis of possible risk/security areas and solutions for avoidance.
Dayton Power and Light-A Utility Provider
Lead a team to successfully deliver an oracle Payables solution for a large Midwestern Utility company. This project used a combination of oracle's AIM methodology and Deloitte's Fast Track methodology.
· Helped to re-design their payables processes to better manage their company payables.
· Implemented an oracle EDI solution to help automate the payment and receipt of payments and vendor invoices, as well as outbound purchase orders.
· Provided an efficient solution to reduce their purchase-to-pay cycle time and take advantage of benefits from favorable payment terms.
· Assisted in the integration of the new payables system to a new purchasing system, general ledger system, and EDI Value Added Network/3rd party EDI system.
College of American Pathologists-A Health Care organization.
Lead a team to implement a new oracle financials system that included GL, AR, and AP. This was a full life-cycle project using oracle's AIM methodology.
· Efficiently re-engineered and streamlined their financial related business processes.
· Reduced their year end/month end financial closing cycles.
· Significantly reduced their time from invoicing to collections cycle. Improved their financial reporting capabilities.
· Provided customized invoice and payables documents and reports.
· Conducted CRPs and UAT, including developing testing scripts and overseeing the testing activities.
· Developed system configuration designs and conducted prototyping activities.
· Assisted in the successful integration of the new financial system to a new Order Management system, Collections System (Get Paid) and existing legacy systems.
· Created/update project plans, testing plans, go-live/cut-over plans, and support plans.
· Conducted as well as oversaw conversion activities from legacy systems to the new oracle financial modules.
Alliance Food Service-Food Distributor
Provided Financial Analyst skills for a large Consumer Goods wholesaler/retailer, helping to improve their reconciliation process between disparate financial system and improve their financial reporting.
Financial Models Company 2/95-4/97
Role: Specialist, New Business Development
As a consultant, I managed financial software systems installations for various investment management and Investment banking firms. While working as a project manager, I oversaw all aspects of the system's developmental life cycle. The functions involved in this position included: Carrying out demonstrations and marketing activities for prospective clients, analyzing new and prospective clients? current financial systems needs, creating and executing customized system implementation plans, performing acceptance testing, and providing on going client support and training. These systems included: multi-currency, multi-national investment back-office systems, portfolio performance measurement and attribution systems, AIMR composite management and reporting systems, financial accounting systems, custodian reconciliation systems, electronic data interchange, and security trading systems.
Automated Technologies, Inc. 9/92-2/95
Role: Computer Consultant
As the sole proprietor and technician of this company, I offered a wide spectrum of computer related services. Working as a consultant, I made recommendations to clients on optimal software and hardware configurations to enhance their existing operations. These systems included small to medium sized networks, specially designed workstations, specialized peripherals, custom built applications and "off the shelf" software packages. My work included configuring, installing and trouble-shooting these systems as well as providing on going support. The network activities included the set-up and administration of Novell Network and Microsoft NT Server LANs. Development work was done with Microsoft's Visual Basic, Microsoft's Access, Borland's Paradox, Clarion database products, and Microrim's RBASE.
Unisys Corporation 3/89-2/9
Role: Financial Analyst
My responsibilities pertained to managing a $15 million budget for Unisys' US based Customer Services Information Services division. My position's primary function was to oversee the financial planning process for the seven domestic and one international subsidiaries of the CSIS division. I oversaw all sub-organizational budgets, provided financial planning policy support to their respective managers, compiled and reconciled monthly expense reports, quarterly updated the annual financial forecasts, and supervised the yearly financial planning process.
SLP Trading Company 9/87-1/89
Role: Options Trader
As a joint partner in this trading venture, I was responsible for all operations of this stock options trading nvestment firm. While working as a Chicago Board Options Exchange market maker registered with the SEC, I took part in various trading techniques which included speculative, calculated risk, as well as arbitrage methodologies. During this time I took part in many support activities to help develop trading strategies, such as computing daily theoretical prices for various equity and index options, interpreting position graphs, calculating break-even points for conversion and reversal arbitrage techniques, analyzing security fundamental information, and others. Ancillary to these functions, I took part in operational activities which included reconciling daily trading positions, correcting out-trades, and managing the company finances.