Financial-managerial experience in manufacturing and construction invironments
Corporate financial professional with a record of accomplishments in rapidly evolving environments. Visionary leader who thoroughly understands cutting-edge technology and its impact on corporate cost savings. Proven record of achievement in analysis, negotiation and credit-risk management, consistently improving cash management and working capital. Hands-on manager with extraordinary interpersonal, motivational, financial and strategic planning skills with additional capabilities in:
* Compliance Audits * Profitability Tracking * Tax Planning-Reporting
* Negotiations * Client Relations * Annual Budgets
* Strategic Alternatives * Financing-Lines of Credit * Collection
* Operations Training * Regulatory Reporting * Contingent Liabilities
ROBERT HALF MANAGEMENT RESOURCES Deer Park, IL 10/2004-present
Ensure complete and accurate financial reporting for a multi-state commercial contractor with a multi-million dollar manufacturing division. Manage day-to-day accounting functions G/L, F/S, A/P, A/R, P/R, financial oversight of purchasing, inventory control, 401K and statutory insurance reporting; in addition provide management with financial plans and OI forecasts. Prepare all federal, state and local taxes plus IFTA reporting requirements. Collaborate with PM?s and manufacturing division to review proposals, track expenses, billings and WIP summaries. Participate in active strategic and financial planning, development of budgets, marketing, credit risk and overall operational programs to enhance cash management and working capital.
MALASPINO CONSTRUCTION-RESTORATION, INC. Indianapolis, IN 01/2003?07/2004
Finance Director /Project Controller:
* Prepared (2) SBA endorsed business plans that enabled enhanced banking links and significant credit
* Eliminated $391K balloon payment and $98K interest on the first - 5 years of restructured corporate loans.
* Netted $247K on past due accounts from renovated credit and collections procedure.
* Assisted in driving business unit changes to best practices and ensuring compliance with all policies/ regulatory reporting relating to Federal, State and Municipal construction and zoning specifications
* Installed and managed new IT/IS-WiFi application with detailed project planning and job cost capabilities.
* Provided management with financial plans, OI forecasts, ad hoc and NPV financial analyses.
* Teamed with project managers in budget planning and scheduling for contract performance, managing construction draws, bonds, variance analysis, client relations and commercial insurance administration.
* Researched and evaluated $15M in property acquisitions and project developments through extensive economic and financial modeling, liaison to banks and investment groups, managing internal/external resources (accounting, legal, operations, tax, risk management and public compliance).
DISON HEATING & A/C CO, INC. Indianapolis, IN 05/1993?12/2002
Director of Operations/Project Controller:
* Spearheaded installation of corporate IT/IS that led to the seamless integration of operations and finance.
* Instituted $132K+ in annual savings with new perpetual inventory system.
* Oversaw all operational matters for commercial-residential construction and service projects
* Collaborated and installed new LAN system with Timberline software, consisting of accounting, estimating, procurement, project management, service management and reporting modules.
* Supervised accounting staff with direct oversight of all accounting, payroll and banking activities, construction bonds and draws, calculated WIP and perpetual inventory balances.
* Performed comprehensive schedule and contract performance audits at all subcontract locations.
JOBWORKS, INC. Fort Wayne, IN 1992?1993
* Developed quantitative financial models to support contract-rate settings, installed new NFP accounting software with fund accounting and extensive grant management-budget capabilities.
* Outlined and implemented a LAN/MIS realizing a savings of $26K in the first year.
* Implemented GAAP-compliant financial and tax-planning strategies, health insurance management.
* Conducted internal audits in compliance with government and contract requirements; OMB-A133; A122; A110 fiscal-budget reporting.
CHILD-ADULT RESOURCES, INC. Rockville, IN 1989?1992
Controller/Director of Administration:
* Gained $183K from past-due Medicaid accounts by the implementation of a new credit policy.
* Established periodic compliance audit and reviews, performed daily compliance supervision.
* Increased cash $9K monthly with the establishment of a new accounts payable procedure.
* Engineered corporate-wide Ethernet LAN/WAN with new NFP software for financial and IS/IT applications, extensive grant management and budget preparation-reconciliation capabilities.
* Achieved $122K annual DMH rate appeal through successful contract negotiations.
* Saved $162K interest on loan portfolios through the restructuring of four notes.
SYI/ITT - WGI. Wolcott, Lafayette & Indianapolis, IN 1985?1989
* Negotiated $24M+ in new freight contracts, established secondary terminal for LTL operations.
* Orchestrated strategic planning that facilitated the growth of a 7 state regional carrier to a 32 state intermodal operations
* Reduction of 14% in accounts payable through the sanctioning of a new credit policy.
* Saved $567K interest on restructured loan portfolios-10 year amortization, 3.5% rate reduction.
* Developed SBA ratified business plans that enabled enhance banking alliances and significant credit lines.
* Originated $21M in merger and acquisition proposals through economic-financial modeling, managing internal/external resources (operations, tax, legal accounting, risk management and compliance).
JEFFERSON ELECTRIC, Div. MagneTek Corp. Huntington, IN 1984?1985
Asst. Controller: Electronic manufacturer-multi-plant operation with Domestic/Int?l Sales; Staff development-management, directed and/ or administered audits, budgets, accounts payable, LIFO-FIFO Inventories-JIT Platform, WIP-Cost Systems, consolidations, G/L-F/S and AOP-KPI analysis.
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE Indianapolis, IN 1983?1984
ATF Field Tax Auditor: Investigated personal and corporate accounts for tax fraud; led field audits investigating federal tax protestors, researched $2M+ Excise Tax Credit for compliance, area manufacturers.
MOBILE DRILLING, Div. FOREMOST DRILL Indianapolis, IN 1970?1983
Cost Manager/Asst. Controller: Heavy Equipment manufacturer of Geotechnical-Mining Equipment and Truck Bodies with Domestic/Int?l Sales; Administered and trained staff, prepared and/or managed audits, accounts payable, fixed assets, budgets, cost system development-ABC, WIP, LIFO-FIFO Calculations, inventory control, lean operations, F/S preparation-analysis, Int?l Letters of Credit, payroll, taxes, quotes-catalog pricing.
Education: BA ? Accounting/Economics [U of I]
Certifications: CMA, CCNA, A+, Network+, JIT, Registered Tax Practitioner, SAP, Lean Operations and SOx-404 Tech. Training
Computer Skills: Master Builder, Contractor, Enterprise Solutions, MS Projects, Xactware, QB-Premier, Theos-Unix, Timberline, MAS90, Crystal, MS 2003 Suites, MS-XP-SQL-NT-Me-2000-98, FAS, Novell NetWare, Coastal Software, Great Plains, MSWord, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Oklahoma, oracle, Peachtree, Colorado, MAPICS, Reynolds & Reynolds, McAfee Disaster Recovery, AS400, OS3600, UNIX, WiFi, Ethernet-LAN, 10Base-T LAN, CAT5-LAN, Hubs-Routers-Switches, Lotus123, PC Fund Ware, American Fund Ware.