I m a Data Warehouse Architect with 13+ years of data warehousing, data modeling, analysis, design and development experience in Information Technology. He has been a member and lead on several warehousing projects in industries including Health Car
I'm a Data Warehouse Architect with 14+ years of data warehousing, data modeling, analysis, design and development experience in Information Technology. He has been a member and lead on several warehousing projects in industries including Health Care and Hospitality.
Designer6.0, Designer6.1, oracle Warehouse Builder 2.0, SQL*Loader, SQL*Plus, oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), SQL*Forms3.0, SQL*ReportWriter2.0, SQL*Menu5.0, Pure*Integrate
Windows NT/98/95, Unix
PL/SQL, SQL, Unix Shell script, HTML, COBOL, Pascal, Pro*C
Microsoft SQL Server 2000, oracle 8i, oracle 8.0, oracle 7.0, oracle 6.0
Data Warehousing Modeling Concepts:
Star Schema, Object Oriented
ERWin4.0, Sybase PowerDesigner 6.1, oracle Designer6.0, oracle Warehouse Builder 2.0, ABC, Visio 5.0
Informatica Power Mart 4.5, Informatica Power Mart 5.1, Microsoft DTS, Pure*Integrate
Project Management and Team lead experience.
Data Warehousing, Training, Development and Network Administration
VI Editor, Just in Time (JIT), SQL*Time, TOAD SQL, Syncsort, PVCS, Impromptu
Media / Radio rating, Healthcare, Hospitality, Inventory, Human Resource
Relevant Project Experience
May 2002 to Current
Senior Data Warehouse Architect
* Serving as a senior data warehouse architect at Arbitron Inc., the radio rating company of USA, Canada and Mexico.
* Designed and tuned Informatica Power Mart ETL mappings for Portable People Meter (PPM) Data Warehouse Pilot. The data warehouse contains two years of data for 1500 panelists. Listening data is aggregated to 15 minutes of exposure.
* Led the benchmark effort to compare the ETL performance between Microsoft DTS 2000 and Informatica Power Mart 5.0.
* Designed the time dimension logical model. (15 minutes granularity for multiply time zones as well as local time)
* Estimated the long-term volume of the Data Warehouse.
* Designed the logical star schema to support the radio rating calculation.
* Designed the Diary Listening logical and physical model of the Persistent Storage Area (PSA) using Designer 6.1
August 2001 to April 2002
Science Application International Corporation (SAIC), HRSA
Data Warehouse Architect
* Identified the data sources for inclusion in the Data Warehouse and leaded the effort to document all requirements and data sources.
* Compared and evaluated different OLAP tools (Brio, Business Objects, Microstrategy and Cognos).
* Compared between Microsoft SQL Server 2000 and oracle 8i.
* Compared between Microsoft DTS 2000 and Informatica Power Mart 4.5.
* Created the naming convention for the Data Warehouse.
* Designed a dimensioned data structures (Star Schema) for the Data Warehouse using ERWIN 4.0 and foreword it into SQL Server 2000 database.
May 2000 to June 2001
oracle Corporation, CapCure Protocol Data Warehouse (PW)
Sr. Principal Consultant - Data Warehouse Architect
* Worked on CapCure project as a lead designer and Data warehouse architect. CapCure is a multiple sites data warehouse based on the clinical studies. The DW was developed parallel to the development of the source application.
* Wrote the use case document for the CapCure Protocol DW an oracle Clinical base project.
* Analyzed, designed and developed the star schema for the Data Warehouse using oracle Designer6.0.
* Created the SQL scripts to load the data into the Data Warehouse.
* Created the SQL scripts to load the aggregate tables. Some of them base on tens of queries and sub queries.
* Analyzed, designed and developed the security system for the data warehouse to manipulate the data accessed by the sites base on viewing privilege on the record level. Since the extract data statistic calculation for each report was based on data source from more than one site and the privilege to view records was based on a flag values. Each user would view different results on the report.
March 1998 to April 2000
Marriott Reservation Data Warehouse (MRDW)
Senior System Analyst/Data Modeler
During the Post implementation (Production) phase (06/99 - 04/00):
* Responsible for data modeling modification and data performance improving of the data loading and data extracting for Marriott Reservation Data Warehouse (MRDW) (Over 1800 properties - a 0.4 Terabyte oracle 8.0 Data Warehouse. Daily refreshment with few millions of transaction per night. The biggest fact tables will contain around 500 million records braking to 6 vertical partitions per year. Data will be save for two full years + one floating.)
* Performance tuning of the MRDW transaction by modifying select statements, adding indexes and hints and balancing the transactions.
* Solved production and data migration database and transaction problems.
During the Y2K testing (03/98 - 05/99):
* Designed and implanted the Y2K test plan for MRDW system including created the oracle database instance and the data structure, defined the Dates Data Elements (DDE) out of the application and the data dictionary
* Created dynamic SQL report for the Y2K testing
* Fixed oracle Y2K bugs.
During the Designing and construction phase (03/98 - 02/99):
* Designed and developed the referential integrity oracle databases triggers (around 80) and stored procedures (around 100) using PL/SQL.
* Analyzed, designed and developed the metadata application including designed the data structure and creating the necessary database stored procedures using PL/SQL.
* Designed parts of the data warehouse star schema using PowerDesigner 6.1
* Created application that normalized the Marriott's customer's names.
* Designed and implemented Aggregate tables and their loading process for Impromptu cubes.
August 1996 to February 1998
Enterprise Information Services, Inc. (Contractor of USAID)
Senior System Analyst
* Responsible for the interface between Acquisition & Assistance (A&A - Procurement System) and AWACS (The finance system).
* Analyzed and developing oracle database triggers and stored procedures for the interface using PL/SQL.
* Created flow chart diagrams for all the interface models using ABC.
* Provided technical support for the Data correction and data migration groups.
* Provided database structure, SQL and PL/SQL guidance for A&A VB programmers.
June 1995 to July 1996
Techmatics, Inc. (Contractor of the United States Postal Service - USPS)
Senior System Analyst
* Analyzed, designed and developed the online warehouse information system base on radio frequency (RF) devices using SQL*Forms3.0 .
* Created constraints and indexes for Just In Time (JIT) system.
* Designed and developed forms and reports to support the JIT database.
* Created ER diagrams for JIT database (total of more than 1000 tables) using Erwin.
* Created flow chart diagram for the users operations in the USPS warehouse using ABC.
* Provided technical problems' solution for other SQL*Forms3.0 developers.
April 1992 to May 1995
Technology, Management and Analysis Corporation
* Developed and maintained the TMA's Corporate Information System (CIS) using oracle SQL*FORMS3.0, SQL*Menu5.0 and SQL*ReportWriter1.1 on an oracle RDBMS v7.
* Provided technical support for client contracts.
* Analyzed and provided technical support for Configuration System of CIS.
* Designed and developed recruitment module using SQL*Forms3.0 .
* Created database triggers and stored procedures.
* Provided seamless system integration and data migration between SQL*Time and the internal system.
* Maintained the CIS database including creating tables, views, constraints, indexes, new users and responded to the database and menu security.
* Assisted in the development of the Security modules of CIS.
* Analyzed, designed and developed database and application security system.
* Managed internal migration from oracle v6 to oracle v7.
* Developed an application (Veteran Appeals Control & Locator System) for DMDI, using oracle SQL*FORMS3.0 and SQL*ReportWriter1.1 on an oracle RDBMS v7.
* Built on-line project catalog using Impromptu.
January 1984 to December 1989
Weinbaum Printing Plant
Haifa, Israel (part time)
* Designed and developed Purchase Order and Inventory system for internal use.
* Responsible for planning the production of the continuous paper department at the printing plant.
1986 to 1991
Bachelors of Science, Industrial and Management Engineering
Technion - Israel Institute of Technology
October 1998 Learning Tree - oracle 8 - Database Administration: hands-on
May 2000 oracle University - Pure*Integrate
June 2000 oracle University - Implementing oracle Warehouse Builder
October 2000 oracle University - Enterprise DBA Part 2: Performance and Tuning
May 2002 Infocrest - Informatica Power Mart: hands-on