Oracle Database Administrator
Summary of qualifications _______________________________________________________________________
An oracle database Administrator with a solid record of implementing database services geared at optimizing RDBMS functionality and productivity in heterogeneous environments. Hold over six years in improving and optimizing the performances of oracle 9i, 10g and 11g database instances. And cumulatively, hold over eight progressive years of Information Technology and related experiences. Have demonstrated a high skill in accomplishing various oracle environment expectations; database installations and upgrades, troubleshooting, advance backup and recovery operations, performance tuning, enforcing database security procedures, and performing other related database services which are not limited to:
• Installing oracle software (9i, 10g and11g,) and creating, configuring, and managing oracle databases.
• Upgrading and migrating the oracle RDBMs from one release to another.
• Performing RMAN backup and recovery operations.
• Conducting migration projects using Data pump (expdp and impdp).
• Troubleshooting and resolving the oracle environment issues and providing timely interventions at all levels: resolving slow running queries using the various advisors(sql tuning advisor, sql access advisor, sql repair advisor), collecting statistics, and analyzing the AWR, or the ASH reports.
• Configure oracle networking components such as the listener, TNS names and other connection protocols for the oracle client.
• Proactively monitor and manage database environment by leveraging scripts/monitor utilities (OEM).
• Establishing and maintaining sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
• Familiar with database administration on MS SQL server2003 and 2008.
• A Strong team player with a perfect collaboration, communication, and documentation skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
oracle Database Administrator
Magnum IT Solutions Inc.-Frederick, Maryland, March 2008 to Present
• Establish a backup and recovery strategy using daily hot backups, RMAN and weekly full backup.
• Perform database design and development for instances used in test, development and production environments.
• Utilize Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) to generate snapshots of key performance data.
• Utilize Automatic Database Diagnostic Monitor (ADDM) to reduce DB time by diagnosing key problems.
Manage space allocation and work with the Storage and Network Engineer.
• Installation of oracle 10g and 11g on Linux Red Hat V 5.5, and Windows platform.
• Create and configure oracle databases using DBCA.
• Handle database server tuning, application tuning, maintaining documentation, and Capacity planning and database security.
• Install and configure oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), dB console and Grid Control for oracle 10g & 11g.
• Perform database maintenance by applying required patches and software updates.
• Ensured that standby database is always in sync with production database by checking archive logs sequences.
• Regularly monitored Alert-log Files and trace files on day-to-day Basis.
• Monitor different processes, file systems, backups, export and import operations.
• Maintain comprehensive oracle database maintenance plans.
• Optimize, monitor, and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
oracle Database Administrator
Techlinkpc, Inc - Columbia, MD, April 2006 to March 2008
• Provided remote technical support using SSH and terminal services.
• Developed, implemented and maintained an Enterprise oracle backup, recovery and disaster recovery strategy.
• Implemented the use of oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) to backup databases.
• Performed import and export as needed and scheduled nightly export on each database
• Performed various RMAN cold and hot backups.
• Troubleshoot and resolved various oracle problems such as connectivity problems, backup and performance issues.
• Created and monitored roles and profiles.
• Created and maintained database structures and objects.
• Performed Database tuning and capacity planning to ensure performance goals are achieved
• Created databases and table-spaces from logical data mode.
• Developed and maintained database design and support documentation.
• Multiplexed control files and archived redo log files.
• Configured oracle network settings using NETCA.
• Shared rotating on-call responsibilities for incident escalations, peer reviews and approving tasks prior to implementation.
• Performed some continuous capacity planning and analysis of existing infrastructure usage as it pertains to both physical and logical CPU memory and storage.
Senior Help-Desk Specialist
Ullico Inc. -Silver Spring, MD, March 2003-April 2006
• Provided technical support to customers on telephone, email and through tickets
• Analyzed and troubleshoot software and hardware issues
• Helped customers identify and resolve issues pertaining to dial up configuration, web hosting and domain registration
• Responded to queries pertinent to package details, e-commerce solutions, email configurations and search engine submission packages
• Created help desk documentation with step by step instructions on problem resolving techniques.
• Sent tickets to appropriate departments utilizing ticket tracking system.
• Solved minor workstation-related issues.
• Installed operating system, software, antiviruses and patches.
• Maintained documentation of processes and tickets.
• Diagnosed client issues with hardware, installations and upgrades.
• Provided technical call center operations support through effective communication.
• Documented an average of 20 help desk tickets and resolutions per day.
• Monitored, diagnosed and resolved issues with hardware, software and networks.
• Diagnosed IP/Network issues for laptops, desktops and mobile devices.
• Performed repairs, maintenance and upgrades on laptops and desktop.
Bachelor of laws (LLB) Obafemi Awolowo University (Nigeria)
Master of Laws (LLM) Washington College of Law (District of Columbia)
OCA (oracle Certified Associate)
OCP (oracle Certified Professional)
A+ (CompTIA A+ Certification)
Network+ (CompTIA Network+ Certification)
oracle 9i,10g and 11g Database , oracle Designer 9i & 6i, PL/SQL Programming, oracle Forms and Reports, SQL*PLUS, SQL Station, Web DB, oracle SQL Developer, oracle Enterprise Manager(OEM), oracle Grid Control, oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC), oracle Replication, oracle Automatic Storage Management( ASM), oracle Datapump, Erwin, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Windows NT Server, Windows NT Server Enterprise, Windows 2003, Windows 2008 R2, Linux, UNIX, Windows SQL Server 2005, Deltek Costpoint, Time Collection, Impromptu, TOAD, oracle Application Express