Oracle Application Financial, Projects and Procurement consultant
Results-oriented Functional Consultant with over eighteen years of software implementation and upgrade experience across multiple industries, including Oil and Gas, Semi-conductor, Manufacturing, Financials and Government sector. Expertise with ERP packages, including multi-org/multi-currency, AGIS)/GCS and oracle applications (Release 10.6 through R12). Solutions-oriented oracle Applications Specialist with notable success leading qualified, productive teams throughout the development of a broad range of integrated oracle-based solutions. Possesses dynamic ability to provide analysis and management of innovative IT solutions directly leading to increased revenues, reduction of expenses, improved systems capabilities, and cross-functional business growth. Dedicated liaison between business and technical groups. Team and consensus builder that ensures collaboration of disparate teams. Solid cross-level communicator with superb interpersonal skills, ability to interact with individuals at all levels and cultures.
SANDIA NATIONAL LABORATORIES (Gov), Albuquerque, New Mexico 01/2013-Present
oracle Financial and Procurement Functional Lead
• Witten multiple oracle project Proposal/Assessment that includes PA Accounting redesign and iProcurement(Customizing Smart form and AME) customization.
• Implemented iPrucrement smart forms and AME configuration and setups
• Provided gap analysis, prepared process flow, Workshop, CRP1, CRP2, UAT, training documents and user training.
• oracle Application version R12.1.3
WELLS FARGO, Chicago, IL 10/2012-12/2012
oracle Financial Functional Lead
• Worked with business users to define requirements, gap analysis, preparing future process flow and system configuration/setup, Workshop, Testing, training documents and user training for acquiring assets and integrated to EAM.
• Mapping the Business requirements to the current business system
• Extension requires AP, PA(Costing), EAM, FA, PO and General Ledger(GL) to acquire 90K cars in the system with oracle version R12.2.1
SANDIA NATIONAL LABORATORIES (Gov), Albuquerque, New Mexico 07/2009-09/2012
oracle Financial and Procurement Functional Lead
• Provided gap analysis, prepared process flow and system configuration/setup, Workshop, CRP1, CRP2, UAT, training documents and user training.
• Implementation includes COA/COA mapping primary/secondary ledger, SLA (Sub-ledger Accounting) design, setup and configurations, setup ADR to derive accounts combination for JE line types, requirements and specifications to translate 20 segments for secondary ledger from legacy, as well as Primary, Secondary and Consolidation Hub/Subsidiary definitions.
• Mapping the Business requirements to the SLA architecture and setting up and troubleshooting SLA
• Led upgrade assessments, requirements Upgrade and Upgrade AP, PA(Costing & Billing), FA, AR, Procurement(PO, iProcurement, iSupplier, Sourcing, Procurement Contract), Inventory and General Ledger(GL) from 11.5.10 to R12(12.1.3)
• All functional level relating to the implementation, upgrade and support of oracle R12, including end-user support, change business process, alternative custom solutions, integrated other applications, test plan and script, data modeling, workshop and trained super users
• New Implementations: iExpense, oracle Payments, Adv. Collections and Subledger Accounting(SLA)
SOGETI (NCR), Dayton, Ohio 06/2009-09/2009
oracle Financial Functional Lead (Remote Access)
• Directed upgrade, involving planning, administering weekly meetings, coordinated with database administrators and client management, tested modules, implemented new functionalities, and trained to validate the system.
• Upgrade financial modules: PO, AP, AR, SLA and GL from 11.5.9 to R12(12.0.6)
NAVILYST MEDICAL, Glens Falls, New York 05/2008-05/2009
oracle Financial Functional Lead
• Provided gap analysis, prepared process flow and system configuration/setup, Workshop, CRP1, CRP2, UAT, training documents, user training and production support.
• Researched business and functional requirements for product functionality prior to developing test plans.
• Created and developed detailed assessments, SOX compliance, audit plans and test events documentation outlining audit approach, scope, entrance/exit criteria, assumptions, and schedule.
• Completed global implementations, including COA/COA mapping, SLA (Sub-ledger Accounting Method), GIS, FSG reports (income statements and balance sheet), setup and configuration, GL detail conversion, customer conversion, supplier conversion, payables open invoice interface, AR transactions interface, lockbox interface, positive pay interface, eBTax (Vertex) (automatic tax calculation for AP invoice and AR transactions), oracle payments, Web-ADI, TCA, closing periods, and year-end closing.
• Developed manual test cases based upon test plan; conducted testing workshop.
• Delivered post production support, including resolution of critical issues and user training.
• Modules: GL, AP, AR, PO, CE, eBTax, Payments, Subledger Accounting (SLA) and Adv Collections, oracle Applications Version: 12.0.5
AMERON INTERNATIONAL(oracle Contract), Pasadena, California 02/2008-04/2008
oracle Treasury Functional Lead
• Accomplished implementation involving gap analysis, prepared process flows and system configuration, workshop, and go-live.
• Completed activities involving AP/AR/Treasury reconciliation and cash management interface with bank, cash position and cash forecasting, short/wholesale term money transactions, intercompany transactions, foreign exchange transactions, and discount securities etc.
• Modules: oracle Treasury(11.5.10)
P2ES (HIGHMOUNT E&P), Houston, Texas 09/2007-02/2008
oracle Procurement Functional Lead (P2P)
• Achieved implementation involving gap analysis, business flow and system configuration, workshop, CRPs, UAT, training and production support.
• Delivered implementation project for Payables/Purchasing/iProcurement/iSupplier.
• Analyzed business and functional requirements for product functionality, creating test plans.
• Designed and developed detailed assessments, audit plans and test events documentation outlining audit approach, scope, entrance/exit criteria, assumptions, audit cases and schedule.
• Built manual test cases based upon test plan; verified test results and wrote business risk/defects for review by application team.
• Performed regression testing on corrected defects, communicating results to management.
• Developed test schedules and conducted weekly meetings, reviewing progress, issues and concerns regarding overall project.
• Provided post production support, including critical issue resolution.
• Modules: Payables(AP), Purchasing(PO) and iProcurement/iSupplier Portal – 11.5.10
FUJITSU CONSULTING (CONSOL ENERGY), Virginia 05/2006-09/2007
oracle Financial & Procurement Lead
• Provided gap analysis for business requirements, prepared process flow and system configuration, workshop, CRP1, CRP2, CRP3, UAT, training, production support etc for implementations.
• Implemented Payables/Purchasing/iSupplier Portal/procurements/sourcing project with multiple phases.
• Trained users and provided post production support.
• Mapped custom components to standard functionalities.
• Gathered requirements for all operating units.
• Composed complete documentation for all project phases.
• Supported testing, UAT and training phases.
• Provided user demonstrations, prepared test scripts, compiled training manuals and resolved software issues.
• Presented iterative testing, including unit, integration, system stress and regression testing of the business components.
• Modules: GL, AP, AR, PO, PA(Costing & Billing) iSupplier & iProcurement - 11.5.10
FIDELITY INVESTMENTS, New Hampshire 02/2006 to 05/2006
oracle Procurement Consultant
• Provided gap analysis, prepared process flow for workshop and system configuration, workshop, CRPs, and Training for implementations.
• Implemented iProcurement/iSupplier portal.
• Integrated Purchasing and Procurement contract.
SINO SWEARINGEN, San Antonio, Texas 12/2005-02/2006
oracle Financial Lead and Project Manager
• Delivered planning, administered weekly meeting, coordinated with DBA and client management, tested modules, implemented new functionalities, and trained system validation for system upgrade.
• Upgraded financial modules PO, AP, AR, PA, CE, FA and GL from 11.5.5 to 126.96.36.199.
MTD PRODUCTS, INC.(1 HighStreet, Inc.), Valley City, Ohio 10/2005-12/2005
oracle Procurement Lead and Project Manager
• Participated in project planning, weekly status meeting and issues.
• Liaised between database administrators, users, and management.
• Configured and set-up modules, tested, trained, validating system design with users, conducted CRPs.
• Implemented iProcurement, iSupplier Portal, PO with depending modules such as AP, GL, XML Publisher, eCommerce Gateway and cXML for the MTD Products, Inc.
CAP GEMINI (GRUPO BIMBO), Mexico City 04/2005-10/2005
oracle Procurement Consultant Lead
• Gathered requirements by administering questionnaires and whiteboard sessions with users.
• Provided gap analysis and system design.
• Configured and set-up modules.
• Tested, trained, conducted pilot implementation to validate system design with users, and conducted CRPs for implementation.
• Implemented iProcurement, iSupplier and oracle Sourcing project with 11.5.10 version.
BEARINGPOINT, Dallas, Texas 04/2003-04/2005
Application Consultant Lead and Project Manager
• Gathered requirements through administration of questionnaires and whiteboard sessions with users/
• Presented gap analysis and system design.
• Configured and set-up modules, conducted prototype sessions validating system design with users.
• Performed CRPs, followed up with oracle through TARs for issue resolutions, tested oracle provided patches/scripts as issue resolutions, planned cut over, and assisted in data conversion, user training and provided post go-live support for implementation.
• Executed GL, project accounting, oracle treasury and cash management for Cendant Mobility, including gathering user requirements, designing solution, prototyping, configuring, testing, training users, and roll-out.
• Prepared requirement set up documents, training documents and test scripts.
• Analyzed/implemented hedging, settlements, interfacing financial instruments and FX transactions.
• Managed and delivered oracle Financial Implementation project, for Jackson Hewitt US operation, including configure and setup for purchasing, general ledger, receivables, advanced collections and payables.
• Defined implementation strategy for each engagement.
• Achieved a series of “Procure to Pay” workshops designed to evaluate the ability of the oracle package/application configuration to meet detailed client requirements.
• Managed onsite and offshore project team members within project.
• Provided on-time delivery/management of multiple oracle 11i financials application upgrades, including needs analysis, requirements gathering, test script development, change management and end user training.
• Supplied direction and subject matter expertise ensuring oracle Applications comply with strategic business requirements and maximize corporate return on investment.
• Collaborated with business and user groups to identify issues, initiate projects, analyze requirements, gather requirements, and act as liaison between technical and business teams.
Application Consultant Lead and Project Manager
• Identified application issues, documented and resolved through facilitation of oracle technical assistance requests via the oracle Metalink portal.
• Worked in iProcurement/iSupplier and Payables Approval Workflow using AME for retail business.
• Delivered oracle project accounting expertise to reimbursable contracts for flow of revenue from projects to general ledger, and project invoices to accounts receivable.
• Analyzed project accounting configurations and provided recommendations for reengineering of auto accounting setup in oracle projects.
• Aided HRMS and OIC team with core financials integration.
• Contributed to GL implementation project, including conversion, interface, GL Approval WF and configuration for wireless industry.
• Implemented oracle Financials (AP/AR) for Germany operating unit.
AGERE SYSTEMS, Allentown, Pennsylvania 01/2003-04/2003
• Implemented the iExpense module; project required working knowledge of accounts payable, project accounting, human resources, iExpense, AME (oracle Approvals Management), general ledger, multi-currency and calendar issues.
• Signed-off future state design documents from client’s team after meeting milestones.
• Future state documents: Business requirements documents’, ‘Business rules’, ‘GAP listing’, iExpense(11.5.9) Configuration documents’ and ‘Functional Specs’ for various technical objects (Interfaces, workflows).
• Conducted on-site general ledger training class for US and international unit.
EJIVA INC. (GE NUCLEAR ENERGY), Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 08/2001-01/2003
oracle Procurement Consultant
• Served as subject matter expert (SME) in oracle Purchasing, Workflow, and Procure to Cash functional process flow, as well as, improving process for conducting oracle Applications implementations.
• Acted as Functional Lead for global implementation of procurement system for GE Nuclear Energy provider, leading team in integration of highly customized oracle Purchasing with custom Quality System and oracle Projects.
• Led the first phase implementation of oracle purchasing and oracle iProcurement, including iSupplier portal and punchout model.
• Established direct communications between buyer and supplier using iSupplier Portal.
IT SOLUTIONS, San Ramon, California 10/1997– 08/2001
• Participated in installation of oracle Applications 10.7/11.0.3/11i, including PO, AP, AR, GL, INV modules.
• Contributed to SAP application implementation team, including PP, MM, SD, and QM.
TERADYNE INC., Boston, Massachusetts
Functional Consultant/Offshore Coordinator
• Led team with global implementation of oracle inventory and purchasing system for Teradyne provider.
• Selected as Functional Lead in an oracle implementation for manufacturing provider, directed gap analysis, requirements definition, workflow process definition, and testing of Financials, Purchasing, and Inventory modules.
BROCADE COMMUNICATIONS, San Jose, California
Techno Functional Consultant
• Directed team in the oracle implementation of a human resources and financial (GL, AP, AR) system for storage data equipment maker.
• Implemented oracle human resources and financials for bank statement, outbound, benefit interface, 401(K) interface, stock option interface, lockbox interface, EFT(electronic data transfer) through EDI gateway etc. interfaces.
• Defined data conversion strategy, production cutover plan, managed client issues,
ALLIEDSIGNAL INC., Torrance, California
SAP Techno Functional Consultant
• Served as SAP Techno-Functional consultant for leading Manufacturing Company.
• Mapped Business requirements to application features.
• Prepared functional/technical specifications and developed project tracking system interface.
• Developed and customized the daily and weekly delivery schedule report, US invoice, debit memo and credit memo, mex invoice, and customer acknowledgement, as an oracle consultant.
• Developed unit testing design and customizations.
FRANKLIN COVEY, Salt Lake City, Utah
• Prepared technical design and developed customer download, bankcard settlement process, AutoLockbox, EDI outbound, received confirmation, T&E direct deposit (electronic fund transfer) and bank reconciliation upload interface as member of oracle 10.7 implementation team for oracle financial and manufacturing for calendar and binder maker.
• Set-up organization structure, Flexfields, set of books, currencies, calendar, journal sources, journal categories, sequences, and periods etc.
THIS COMPUTER SOLUTIONS, Vancouver, Washington 07/1996 – 10/1997
oracle Functional Consultant
• Implemented oracle AP, AR and FA modules with detailed training plan; trained end users.
• Developed custom report functional specification for various business applications.
OKLAHOMA CITY UNIVERSITY, BUSINESS SCHOOL, Oklahoma
Master of Business Administration (Finance), 1995(1992 - 1995)