Proven leader in designing & institutionalizing operational models and teams that bridge corporate strategy down to accountable, project level execution. Over 15+ years of extensive change management experience, covering technology and business with focus on strategic planning, solution architecture and design, project management, people management and the development of custom decision analysis tools to inform & guide strategy.
VP Operations Strategy ViSalus January 2014 – October 2016
• Aggressively baselined the business through a decision framework organizing tasks all the way to strategic investments. Then successfully planned the reduction of this overall workload by 52% by the 3rd year. This strategic foresight enabled the organization to smoothly scale workload in proportion to multi-year resource attrition.
• Created an Enterprise Project Management Office that included global satellite ‘offices’ via highly motivated, self-correcting, matrix’d teams. This effectively eliminated executive management dependencies on silo’d institutional knowledge and relationships.
• Personally innovated statistical tools & methods relevant to the industry and in context of turn-around, to continuously refine focus through data-driven learnings.
• Launched an inaugural Management By Objective (MBO) employee compensation/bonus Program tying performance to goals of Program Owners.
Director of Project Management Office ( PMO ) CalOptima January 2013 – October 2013
Hired specifically to “re-constitute the PMO”:
• Created Vision, Mission and Strategy Map specifically for the PMO within the first 30 days and succeeded in obtaining full budget approval
• Built PMO capacity by systematically identifying operational needs for specialized project management skills and then hired accordingly for industry, IT, finance and analytical experience/skillsets
• Built PMO capabilities by setting & enforcing minimum requirements for certification/credentialing and by standardizing project management process/protocols
• Built PMO culture by moving staff away from command-and-control to matrixed teams that could interface across different business units
• Saved the organization $500K in consultant/vendor fees in the first 120 days by having PMO independently and responsibly, take on two major Programs and approximately a dozen key projects
• Moved from the PMO staff spending upwards of 40% on non-project-management (administrative duties) to almost 100% project management duties
• Created innovative, portfolio management models to capture and predict demand on PMO resources and supply limitations of same.
• Created and integrated KPIs into an unused MicroStrategy platform to offer a transparent and the first, PMO Executive Dashboard
Chief Operating Officer (COO) Evolutionate March 2012 – September 2012
Instituted project management process as a strategic discipline for:
• Leading and establishing all aspects of the company's operational and business & technology strategy
• Project management of all clients' app and web projects and supervisory oversight of Business Analysts, Designers, Programmers and Project Managers
• Balancing competing goals of the business, operations and IT with the best interests of the company
• Overseeing the execution of operational plans, ensuring that activities and projects are funded and resourced appropriately
• Overseeing staff assignments and deliverables, ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables
• Identifying, evaluating and selection of vendor partners, including negotiation of contracts, rates, and maintenance and support levels
• Ensuring that the technology environment used by the business is current, including updates to and retirement of hardware, software, tools and archival of data
• Facilitating the identification and evaluation of the organization’s key operational risks and controls, including identifying, assessing and remediating operational risks and control gaps; measuring and quantifying risk exposures
Consultant The Myrtum Corporation June 2007 – March 2012
• Created a cloud-based, web hosting line of service.
• Creating and architecting evolving iterations of social-network website and iPhone apps, which provides an integrated, social media platform for cause-marketing for SMB websites.
• Define project scopes and requirements; provide hands-on project management and direction of technology development.
• Identifying, hiring and managing outsourced technical teams.
• Continuous business development and managing vendors, clients and legal contracts. Officially accepted into Google Engage for Agencies.
VP, Development &Business Strategies Union Rescue Mission February 2005 – June 2007
• Responsible for creating and managing strategic business plans and departmental projects with performance benchmarks, for both the Development and Marketing Divisions.
• Managed staff of 35+ with primary input into project goals and purpose, time-lines, resource allocation (human/technology/financial capital) and accountability measures.
• Created and launched online marketing projects to integrate with direct mail, radio and other electronic advertising.
• Systematic control of "scope creep" and managing project stakeholders resulted in significant turn-around in funding,