Resume DetailPurchase Contact $1
Experienced Oracle Software Developer
A Systems Analyst position in Data Processing where my education and job experience would make me an asset to a company?s Information Technology Department.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
-A data processing professional with responsibility for all phases
of divergent projects from conception to implementation.
-Able to interface problem solving techniques [project life cycle
methodology] and oral/written communication skills with application
and business related issues to resolve complex application problems.
- Experienced using project management concepts and methodology for
All IT related projects;
-Analysis, design, programming, testing, documentation, pre-
implementation, post-implementation, documentation and
user/technical support training.
- Use project management methodologies for All IT related projects.
Ability to work autonomously and as a team player, with
demonstrated strengths in leadership and mentoring situations.
- Plan, schedule and supervise the activities of other IT
[application development] team members.
- Hardware Systems :HP9000, HP3000.
- Operating Systems :UNIX, MPE/IX, MPE/XL.
- PC Operating Systems :MS/DOS, Windows,?95?, ?98?, ?2000? NT, ?XP?.
Languages, MicroFocus COBOL, COBOL ?85,
COBOL II, UNIX Shell Scripting,
FORTRAN, C, Business BASIC, Pro5, Visual
- System Tools :SQL Navigator, Suprtool, Quiz, MPEX, QUERY,
Adager, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, SQL*Loader.
- Databases :Image, oracle 8i and 9i [PC and
- PC software tools :PVCS [version control], Microsoft Project
and Office 2003.
2002 ? Present Inland Empire Health Plan [IEHP], San Bernardino,
- Project Manager for Diamond Application related IT projects.
Meet, review and prioritize All Diamond application related IT
projects with departmental managers and business analysts. This
ensures that the project stays within the agreed-to project scope
and all project requirements are identified and resolved before
any IT resources are allocated to the project.
- Implement project management methodology [project life cycle] for
ALL Diamond software application related projects. This includes
- IT feasibility studies.
- [BRD] Business Requirement documents [assist business owners
- Functional Specification and Estimate of Effort documents.
System integration analysis documentation [Web application data
to ?legacy? application].
- Test Plans: beta, regression, system integration, contingency and
project related backout plans.
- Implementation and Migration Plans.
- Assign and prioritize the activities of other IT [application
development] team members and outside contractors.
- Implemented a service level agreement with the IT systems group
regarding ?version control? policy and procedures.
- Design, develop, test, implement and support the primary IEHP
software application, which has over 250 users.
1994 - 2002 Ceridian Tax Service, Fountain Valley, California
** Senior Programmer/Analyst **
Previously Held Positions:
-Programmer/Analyst, Systems Analyst
- Project Lead for California Filing Project. Analyzed and wrote
numerous technical project related documents including project
plans, resource plans, functional specification documents,
Estimate of Effort documents, system test plans, data models,
escalation process plans and contingency plans for the California
Filing project. Coordinated, evaluated and prioritized project
programmer tasks. Project completed prior to due date and deemed a
major success by management.
- Project Lead for numerous projects. Coordinated, evaluated and
prioritized project programmer tasks on a weekly and/or ?as
needed? basis. Assisted systems analysts and programming staff as
needed; analyzed and wrote technical project related documents.
- Wage Attachment Project Development Senior Team Member.
Researched, analyzed, and wrote the Wage Attachment Billing ?BRD?
[Business Requirements Document], the Wage Attachment Billing
Functional Specifications document, Estimate of Effort and Test
Plans. Analyzed, designed, wrote [coded], unit tested and
documented the Wage Attachment Billing process.
- CPR Conversion and implementation Team Member. Replaced Image
system calls and MPE JCL statements with EMBEDDED SQL statements
and UNIX commands in COBOL programs, menus and job scripts.
Rewrote many COBOL programs to MicroFocus COBOL [to interphase
with the new oracle database].
- Pay America Conversion Project Senior Team Member. Designed,
analyzed, coded and unit tested conversion processes. Analyzed and
wrote a detailed contingency plan for the ?back out? of data if
problems should arise.
- Wrote detailed and technical documents with detailed steps for
unit testing Deposit Coupons in the UNIX environment [HP9000
platform]. Document used as a department standard for Deposit
- Analyzed and modified application [MicroFocus COBOL, COBOL II,
Quiz, MPEX, Suprtool, SQL] programs, job streams, scripts and
menus to keep company production applications compliant with
governmental agency specifications.
- Provided application support for Daily, Billing, Quarter End and
Year End processing.
- CII Integration Team Member. Created, developed, wrote and
implemented a Contingency Plan [DRP] for the XCOM file transport
Vehicle [HP9000 platform]. Plan has been used more than once -
saving the company more than $50,000 in penalty and interest
- Created Client Compliance Testing Process after the Application
Development could not complete the development request by the
requested date; Completed, tested and implemented the process into
the production environment 2 weeks prior to the due date. This
process increased the number of client tests performed and
completed by more than 50 percent. Created, developed, wrote and
implemented RJE Posting Audit Process. These powerful tools
aided in troubleshooting modem related line problems; this process
alone saved Ceridian thousands of dollars in client penalty fees
and numerous hours of employee time.
1992 ? 1993 Tropitone Furniture Company, Irvine, California
** Technical Consultant II **
- Analyzed, designed, and wrote project specifications for major
enhancements to business, financial and manufacturing software
applications. This major enhancement allowed the company to expand
their sales volume due to customizing [streamlining] of the
financial and manufacturing applications.
- Wrote and modified application software programs and batch job
streams for two company plants.
- Initiated, developed, prepared and conducted an employee seminar
series on data processing for over fifty employees.
- Smart Digital Technology, Fullerton, California
- Certificate - oracle 9i Database
Administrator and Software Developer
- California College of Technology, Anaheim, California
- Certificate - Computer Science
- California State University, Long Beach, California
- Bachelor of Arts - Geography
- Minor - Environmental Studies